Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for a UX Designer to join our team on Paragon. In this job you will have a role in designing UI screens by generating wireframes and documentation for artists and programmers to work from. The ideal candidate would either have an artistic eye and/or a feel for systemic design.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Creating wireframes, clickable prototypes, and documentation that clearly convey ideas
- Enabling UI Engineers and Artists to develop features effectively
- Negotiating with game design, engineering, and art to design a feature from concept to ship
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Expert ability to work in Axure, Balsamic, Indigo Design, or other wireframe generation tools.
- Familiar with Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Working knowledge of UX methodologies, games, and F2P best practices
- Understands the principles of game system design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Successfully designed UI/UX features that were implemented into shipped titles
- Ability to work with artists and engineers
- Ability to incorporate business needs into feature design
- Passion for video games
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!