Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic is looking for a Windows Engineer to provide operational ownership and support for Epic’s internal Windows server and desktop environments. The ideal candidate will have experience working in an Active Directory environment and have strong troubleshooting skills in a wide number of technical areas. As key operational stakeholder, the Windows Engineer will partner with the Solutions Development team to build and execute the vision and strategy for the internal environment, including implementation of emerging technologies, new technical solutions, and environment roadmaps.
- Administering Windows Server and Desktop environments including configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting, and resolving issues.
- Implementing and maintaining automation tools to assist with system management (SCCM, MDT, WSUS).
- Managing and supporting Active Directory (Directory Services, DFS, DNS, GPO)
- Designing, creating, and maintaining stable endpoint images/builds
- Assisting in driving efficient team operations by evaluating and recommending operational/support/automation tools
- Contributing to major technical projects, and leading or contributing to small-medium technical projects, as assigned.
- Working with a team to provide support and service around a broad set of technical areas: including Google applications, VMware, monitoring, and application support.
- Participating in a 24x7 on-call rotation
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
Experience administering Windows Server Operating Systems – 2008 - 2016
Experience implementing and maintaining Microsoft Enterprise automation tools, such as SCCM, WDS, MDT, MBAM, and WSUS
Understanding of best practices and maintenance of Active Directory and Group Policy
Working knowledge of how to administer DFS, and configure NTFS permissions
Working knowledge of standard protocols including DNS, SMTP, NTP, SMB/CIFS, HTTP, and SSL
Ability to create PowerShell scripting for OS and compatible applications and services
Experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible or Chef, is a plus
VMware ESXi and vCenter experience is a plus
Experience administering Google GSuite is a plus
Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, ADFS, and Office 365 technologies a plus
MS SQL Server database experience a plus
Please submit your resume and we'll be in touch shortly.
This is going to be Epic!