Developer Account Manager
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for a Developer Account Manager to maintain and develop relationships with custom licensees to help meet their development needs when using Unreal Engine 4. The ideal candidate has a high level of initiative, demonstrates urgency, and is an advocate for UE licensees.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with Sales to identify strategic customer accounts, track licensee milestones, and shepherd support experience
- Maintaining and developing relationships with custom licensees to help meet their engine support needs
- Be a liaison with Unreal Engine 4 stakeholders to report and mitigate technical issues experienced by key accounts
- Manage internal support tracking tools to meet departmental objectives
- Coordinate meetings between licensees and engine support staff and developers
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Successfully managed customer relationships for a software based company
- Game industry knowledge
- Understanding of publisher/developer relationships and development cycle of games
- Ability to assess business environment and craft plans to move goals forward
- AAA game engine/enterprise level software experience
- Proficient with CRM/ERP tools
- Proficient with G Suite or equivalent
- Experience implementing efficient departmental project management tools
- Experience coordinating high quality technical support for interactive media
- Ability to create comprehensive reports for executive leadership
- Played an instrumental role in shaping the technical direction of a software product by delivering customer feedback, needs, feature requests, etc.
- Shipped interactive media in a production or technical leadership role
- Proven skills managing processes and deliverables