Engine Programmer - Networking
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award-winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you’d like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we’d love to hear from you!
Epic Games is looking for an Engineer with a strong passion for Networking to implement and develop networking features in Unreal Engine 4. You will work closely with members of our game and engine teams, building the world’s premier game engine technology.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining and enhancing the core networking and replay features of Unreal Engine 4 across all supported platforms
- Developing new networking features
- Working with game teams to support their multiplayer gameplay needs
- Providing support to users and licensees for networking-related issues
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Deep experience with network and multiplayer programming on multiple shipped titles
- Experience working with optimization and multithreaded systems
Experience having successfully implemented multiplayer gameplay features in a client-server model
Designed & implemented a custom network protocol