For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We are looking for an experienced mobile devices programmer to work with the Unreal Engine Enterprise team. The ideal candidate will enjoy dynamic and cutting-edge environments and technology, and will be self-motivated and capable of tackling all facets of mobile device development.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
● Bringing Enterprise-focused features of Unreal Engine to mobile platforms ● Optimizing C++ workflows and content-wrangling pipelines used by hundreds of developers at Epic, and thousands of Unreal Engine subscribers around the world
● Making significant improvements to the workflow for professional developers creating high-end Enterprise applications using UE4
● Working with our partners to bring the latest mobile technologies to Unreal Engine 4
● Working to solve problems to help ship Epic’s internal mobile titles
● Improving workflow and user experience
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
● Strong C++ skills
● Professional mobile development experience with UE4 or Unity
● Experience developing with either or both of Android NDK and/or iOS with C++/Objective C
● Understanding of various mobile GPUs used in popular handsets and their characteristics
● OpenGL ES mobile rendering experience
● Experience developing audio/video streaming solutions, with particular emphasis on low-latency streaming
● Knowledge of or experience using toolchains, build systems, development tools and platform APIs, as well as the broader Android or iOS platform ecosystem.
● Experience with the following APIs: iOS - Video Toolbox, AVSampleDisplayLayer Android - MediaCodec, Surface Views
● Knowledge of or experience using WebRTC
● Experience developing platform systems
● Mobile game shipping experience, especially related to compatibility
● Experience using a next generation rendering API such as Vulkan or Metal
● Knowledge of WebAssembly and WebGL 2.0 a definite plus
This is going to be Epic!