Console Engineer - Unreal Engine
Guildford, United Kingdom
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for an experienced Console Engineer to maintain ownership of the PlayStation 4 platform and its interactions with Unreal Engine 4 in all aspects. As an experienced Engine Programmer, you're a senior-level generalist, comfortable with being the "go-to" person for a platform or feature. In this role, you'll sit within Epic's Engine team, working closely with the Rendering team to drive and constantly improve PS4 specific features, runtime performance, toolchain performance and ease of use, plus licensee/user support. You'll also work directly with Epic’s game teams targeting PS4 to ensure they're shipping on time.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Driving performance of the Unreal Engine 4 on Sony platforms, primarily PS4
- Working closely with the Paragon game team on any issues impacting performance on PS4
- Bug fixing and maintaining the existing Unreal Engine 4 code base
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Supporting external customers by answering their requests and questions
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect various core engine systems
- Experience optimizing game engines for various platforms
- A keen analytical mind with strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated interest in games
- Experience with multiple core system tasks such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- 3+ years of professional programming experience
- Experience working with consoles and/or mobile gaming
- Experience working with multithreaded systems
- Performance optimization skills
If you’d like to be part of the future of the award winning Unreal Engine, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!