Developer Support Manager
Guildford, United Kingdom
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for a Developer Support Manager in Europe, to help coordinate high-quality technical support for Unreal Engine 4 custom licensees. The ideal candidate has a high level of initiative, is self-motivated, demonstrates urgency, and is a strong advocate for Unreal developers.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- A passion for game engine technology and/or video games
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience balancing workload by knowing when to work independently, delegate to internal resources, and external contractors
- Experience working in game development and knowledge of the game development process
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Experience in account management or leadership roles in business development or support teams
- Previous experience as an engineer or artist and/or knowledge of C++
- Experience with Unreal Engine technology
- Experience establishing and nurturing partnerships in the video game engine marketplace
- Experience managing large technical communities and interacting with customers
This is going to be Epic!