Field Marketing Manager - Unreal Engine
Guildford, United Kingdom
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for a European Field Marketing Manager to work on the Unreal Engine team in the UK and serve the large and growing European developer community. The person in this role will act as a voice for Epic’s Unreal Engine team while also advocating internally for the evolving needs of the diverse development community. The goal is to facilitate productive conversations that influence product decisions and maintain an open channel of communication regarding Unreal Engine activity. The person in this role will be a driving force coordinating the group effort it takes to inspire and support a self-sustaining community.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Building relationships with the European community through attending meetups and trade/consumer shows.
- Coordinating with European evangelism to promote community members from enthusiasts up through the funnel to custom licensees.
- Initiating positive and supportive conversations inside the community around content, programs, contests, information and opportunities that will be of specific interest to the European community
- Influencing the outreach strategy for Unreal Engine’s online presence
- Supporting conversations on social media, in comment threads and on the forums on the unrealengine.com, and in social media channels such as Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Reddit, GitHub, etc.
- Organizing the process of Epic developer participation on owned channels (blog, social media, forums); finding topics and resources to answer popular topics; channeling information into documentation; and guiding tone and policy.
- Sorting, triaging and funneling customer issues that surface in the community to the proper place and escalation path (documentation, marketing, individual developers, ops support, developer relations, licensing, Marketplace); coordinating closely with various stakeholders
- Driving changes to web properties and a content cadence to support community goals
- Regularly analyzing and reporting community sentiment internally
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, flexible and able to work with multiple stakeholders
- A passion for games, real-time technology and 3D software
- High comfort level with social media and online communications
- Experience managing or working with creative communities
- Experience creating, moderating, or managing forums and working in CMS environments
- Familiar with the vocabulary and high-level process of game development in a C++ environment
- Game or software development background
Preference to candidates who:
- Have one or more shipped titles in career experience
- Come from a game or software development background
- Are comfortable speaking in public
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!