Physics Programmer - Unreal Engine
Guildford, United Kingdom
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you’d like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we’d love to hear from you!
Epic Games is looking for an Engineer with a strong passion for physics and math to help implement new systems and maintain existing integrations in Unreal Engine 4 and beyond. You will work closely with content creators and members of our engine team, building the world’s premier game engine technology and helping to set a new standard in simulation.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Implement and maintain new systems within the Unreal Engine
- Be forward thinking keeping up to date on current techniques, research, graphics data, hardware, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong C++ knowledge and excellent math skills
- Passion for physics and making physics work in the game world
- Experience implementing new systems
- Demonstrated interest in games with 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience with simulation or physics systems in a game engine; including tools pipeline, performance optimization, behavior, etc.
- Experience working with PhysX and multithreaded systems