Physics Programmer - Unreal Engine
Guildford, United Kingdom
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for an Engineer with a strong passion for physics and math to help implement new systems and maintain existing integrations in Unreal Engine 4 and beyond. You will work closely with content creators and members of our engine team, building the world’s premier game engine technology and helping to set a new standard in simulation.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Implement and maintain new systems within the Unreal Engine
- Be forward thinking keeping up to date on current techniques, research, graphics data, hardware, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong C++ knowledge and excellent math skills
- Passion for physics and making physics work in the game world
- Experience implementing new systems
- Demonstrated interest in games with 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience with simulation or physics systems in a game engine; including tools pipeline, performance optimization, behavior, etc.
- Experience working with PhysX and multithreaded systems