Technical Artist, UE Enterprise Support
Guildford, United Kingdom
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic is building a team of engineers and artists dedicated to growing the Unreal Engine’s Enterprise capabilities to continue our expansion in verticals outside the traditional games industry. In this role you will be a part of the Custom Engineering/Solutions team, working hand in hand with our Enterprise customers to utilize the engine for projects in film/FX/broadcast TV, automotive, architectural visualization, and more.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Working closely with clients to provide development support, troubleshooting and custom development
- Understanding optimization challenges and having the ability to use and share techniques to overcome those challenges
- Providing creative solutions, resolving technical challenges and enabling customers to achieve their goals
- Identifying bottlenecks and limitations in the pipeline and tools and development
- Documenting recommendations to improve limitations in pipeline and tools
- Providing clear and constructive feedback to product management when identifying recurring needs
- Problem solving
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Proficient scripting and/or programming in python or C++
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of customers
- Solid understanding of one or several components of Unreal Engine such as Material Editor and Shader, Blueprints, Animation, Scene Building, Sequencer, Lighting etc.
- Continuously staying up to date on relevant technologies such as PBR and Photo-Realistic rendering, VR, Real Time Gaming, DCC Tools etc.
- Knowledge of game engines ideally with another vertical (VR, Architecture, Engineering, Broadcasting, Manufacturing, TV or Film Production)
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!