Engine Programmer - Sequencer
Larkspur, California, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you’d like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we’d love to hear from you!
Epic Games is looking for a Tools Programmer focused on Sequencer to join our Bay Area studo. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, passionate about problem solving, and able to work well independently and on a team. You should have an endless list of ideas for improving existing tools and workflows, as well as ideas for completely new tools. You will make a direct impact on the productivity of others by developing user facing tools for one of the leading game engines used by developers across the world.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Designing and implementing features for Unreal Engine 4 Sequencer
- Maintaining and designing UI systems
- Bug fixing and maintaining the existing Unreal Engine 4 code base
- Analyzing and fixing common problems such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Implementing and maintaining other tools such as the memory and performance profiler, automation tools, and Unreal Packaging Frontend
- Supporting external customers by answering their requests and questions
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Excellent C++ skills
- Experience writing tools that improve the user experience of the consumer of the tool or that add some obvious value to game development or similar field
- Well versed in software engineering principals
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
- Familiarity with multiple platforms and/or Unreal Engine 4 is a plus
- Experience developing in a large codebase; ideally experience designing and implementing a tool from the ground up
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!