Generalist Programmer, UE Enterprise
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for a Generalist Programmer who is passionate about cutting-edge game engine technology. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and capable of tackling problems in many areas of the production pipeline.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Designing systems to optimize massive data sets not meant for a game engine
- Simplifying the transfer and conversion of data generated using external data creation tools
- Optimizing Unreal Engine and the editor
- Designing and implementing features and user interfaces for the Unreal Engine 4 editor
- Bug fixing and maintaining the existing Unreal Engine 4 code base
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Supporting external customers by answering their requests and questions
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Excellent C++ skills
- Experience in many fields of game engine technologies (core, tools, rendering, ...) on AAA games
- Excellent optimization and debugging skills
- Well versed in software engineering principles
- Experience writing UIs with a toolkit such as WPF, QT, Slate (UE4 UI system)
- Familiarity with multiple platforms and/or Unreal Engine 4 is a plus
- Experience developing in a large codebase; ideally experience designing and implementing engine features from the ground up
- Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in French and English (written and verbal)
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!