Generalist Programmer, UE Enterprise
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Already the leading real-time rendering technology within the interactive entertainment industry, Unreal Engine has been quickly adopted by non-games development teams and their clients for a huge range of projects across automotive, aviation, architecture, consumer electronics and complex data visualization. We call this sector Enterprise. Unreal Engine Enterprise is a dedicated team within Epic Games who are improving Unreal Engine to help our customers ensure they’re getting the most out of the amazing capabilities of our technology.
Epic Games is looking for a Generalist Programmer who is passionate about cutting-edge game engine technology. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and capable of tackling problems in many areas of the production pipeline.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Designing systems to optimize massive data sets not meant for a game engine
- Simplifying the transfer and conversion of data generated using external data creation tools
- Optimizing Unreal Engine and the editor
- Designing and implementing features and user interfaces for the Unreal Engine 4 editor
- Bug fixing and maintaining the existing Unreal Engine 4 code base
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Supporting external customers by answering their requests and questions
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Excellent C++ skills
- Experience in many fields of game engine technologies (core, tools, rendering, ...) on AAA games
- Excellent optimization and debugging skills
- Well versed in software engineering principles
- Experience writing UIs with a toolkit such as WPF, QT, Slate (UE4 UI system)
- Familiarity with multiple platforms and/or Unreal Engine 4 is a plus
- Experience developing in a large codebase; ideally experience designing and implementing engine features from the ground up
- Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in French and English (written and verbal)
If you’d like to be part of the future of the award winning Unreal Engine, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!