Technical Artist, UE Enterprise Support
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic is coming to Montreal! Our focus in Montreal is to build a team of engineers and artists dedicated to growing the Unreal Engine’s Enterprise capabilities to continue our expansion in vertical’s outside the traditional games industry. In this role you will be a part of the Custom Engineering/Solutions team, working hand in hand with our Enterprise customers to utilize the engine for projects in film/FX/broadcast TV, automotive, architectural visualization, and more.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Working closely with clients to provide development support, troubleshooting and custom development
- Understanding optimization challenges and having the ability to use and share techniques to overcome those challenges
- Providing creative solutions, resolving technical challenges and enabling customers to achieve their goals
- Identifying bottlenecks and limitations in the pipeline and tools and development
- Documenting recommendations to improve limitations in pipeline and tools
- Providing clear and constructive feedback to product management when identifying recurring needs
- Problem solving
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Proficient scripting and/or programming in python or C++
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of customers
- Solid understanding of one or several components of Unreal Engine such as Material Editor and Shader, Blueprints, Animation, Scene Building, Sequencer, Lighting etc.
- Continuously staying up to date on relevant technologies such as PBR and Photo-Realistic rendering, VR, Real Time Gaming, DCC Tools etc.
- Knowledge of game engines ideally with another vertical (VR, Architecture, Engineering, Broadcasting, Manufacturing, TV or Film Production)
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time
If you’d like to be part of enabling Unreal Engine users to tell compelling stories and create unforgettable experiences while building the foundation of our team in Montreal, we’d love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!