For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of "Epic" as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you'd like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we'd love to hear from you!
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Character Modeler to collaborate with the art team to develop heroes and enemies for multiple games (Paragon, Fortnite, Spyjinx and Unreal Tournament). In this role you will create top-quality characters for use in our game's, cinematics, and marketing material.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Create characters, enemies, and weapons based on concept art or reference photos
- Collaborate with the art director and concept artists to set the visual style and quality bar
- Ability to build clean highly animate-able topology
- Ability to give and receive feedback with concept artists and character artists
- Be forward thinking and have the ability to help the team refine our technical pipelines so we can continue to push the boundaries of real-time character performance
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Ability to create believable characters that are full of life and personality
- Ability to create high-poly and low-poly models as well as textures
- Intimate knowledge of human anatomy and form
- The ability to adapt to and innovate new styles and techniques
- Strong organic modeling skills (human faces, clothing, believable creatures)
- Strong hard-surface modeling skills (armor, weapons)
- Knowledge of major 3D software packages (Maya, Max, or Modo, and ZBrush)
- Shipped game title experience
- Experience with outsourcing
- Experience managing content and developing pipelines
- Experience painting textures in Photoshop, from hand or based on texture reference
- Experience tuning (or creating) surface shaders for real-time rendered characters
- Experience with skin weighting, rigging, and animation
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning games we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games, 获得诸多奖项，并制作战争机器系列，虚幻竞技场系列，无尽之剑系列等游戏，并开发虚幻引擎的美国游戏工作室，正在寻找拥有天赋的角色模型师来一起参与新游戏的研发。如果你有令人兴奋的游戏中的角色建模作品，就朝我们扔过来吧！
- 熟练掌握主流3D软件（Maya, Max, Modo, Zbrush等）。