Would you like to work with a team that consistently ships innovative and multi-million unit selling games? Would you like to help define the visual style of our latest project? If you answered yes to either of those questions then we would like to talk with you about joining our new team in Shanghai, China where everything we do is Epic!
Epic Games is looking for a Concept Artist to join our team working on various projects in development. In this role you will work directly with the design department to create and quickly iterate on clean, purposeful shapes that look amazing. You should have a combination of strong creative/visual aesthetics, excellent design skills, and a clear rendering style in designing both characters and environments. You should be able to demonstrate that you can think outside the box and translate an awesome gameplay experience into an awesome visual experience as well as have experience creating photo realistic concept content.
- Experience designing slick, detailed, modern, forward looking characters
- A mind for technical function and aesthetic pursuit with an ability to balance creativity with function
- Ability to work within gameplay design restraints (environment scale, character abilities, prototype function, etc.) and translate those restrictions into visuals that enhance the experience
- Experience creating mechanical designs
- Ability to prototype in 3D, work directly with the 3D artists, and knowledge of 3D software
- Strong traditional drawing skills and knowledge of the human anatomy
- Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
Preference to applicants with
- Experience with the Unreal Engine