For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games China is looking for a Support Engineer to provide top quality engine support while enhancing customer satisfaction among custom licensees. This role will be responsible for supporting customers in a wide variety genre of games and encouraging the adoption of Unreal Engine 4 for potential clients in China.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Assist with Unreal Engine license efforts including but not limited to live Unreal Engine demonstrations, arranging evaluations, providing pre- and post-license technical support, evangelizing the Unreal Engine at tradeshows
- Assist in the creation of support documentation on the Unreal Developer Network website, as well as specialized support documentation, videos, and samples for the Chinese market
- Helping partners ship high quality titles on time
- Helping improve efficiency of development for our customers by navigating and solving problems
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong C++ skills
- Great knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Demonstrated interest in games
- Shipped console, pc, or mobile experience
- Decent console, pc or mobile hardware knowledge
- Technical customer service experience
- Self-starter who takes ownership of the technical relationship with developers and works proactively to set up systems to smooth the road from eval to license
- Ability to present complex technical issues in a one-to-many situation such as trade shows, Epic Dev Days, presentations at developer studios etc.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues via e-mail or face-to-face
- Native level Chinese and business level English language skills
If you’d like to be part of the future of the award winning Unreal Engine, then we’d love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!