Technical Artist, UE Enterprise Support
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for an experienced Technical Artist to provide clear, broad-level support of Unreal Engine to current and future licensees. Your primary goal would be to impart your skills to licensees who need to solve technical/artistic issues in their projects. You will be working with a team of artists located in Shanghai as well as with the development teams in the US. You should have a combination of strong creative/visual aesthetics and technical knowledge. You should also be experienced in every aspect of the content creation pipeline, as well as be able to think outside the box to come up with techniques that work better or faster. Your goal will be to attack more complex issues, and to help the other artists with technical hurdles they might be having.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Examine content based on all types of engine modules (model, texture, material, animation, VFX, lighting, level, postprocess and cinematic)
- Create Key Content overly complex and technical
- Improve visual quality
- Optimize artist's workflow
- Develop art tools
- Optimize assets and content
- Collect feedback and requests
- Ability to solve tech art issues
- Experience communicating on a technical level with programmers
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Proven track record for solving problems accurately and efficiently
- Experience in all Unreal Engine 4 modules and features
- Knowledge of all hardware and software platforms
- Detail oriented with strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Extensive experience in performing various tech art related tasks
- Experience with various software packages, including 3DsMax/Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox
- Strong scripting and plug-in writing skills, Max Scripting and HLSL or shader programming experience or Python, C++ is a plus
If you'd like to be part of building a visually stunning game and this sounds like a challenge you're up for we'd love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!