For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of "Epic" as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you'd like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we'd love to hear from you!
Epic Games is looking for an experienced Texture Artist who will create textures for environments, props, characters and weapons while maintaining the cohesive style of the game. You will use various modeling and texturing tools (Max, May, Modo, Zbrush etc.) as well as the Unreal Engine to set new standard for artistic excellence by collaborating and delivering excellent texture assets while working on Paragon.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Create high-fidelity texture maps with the understanding of all supporting maps
- Generate or match the existing realistic art style of the project
- Use UV layout and principles while setting new standards for artistic excellence
- Collaborate and deliver excellent finished products
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Excellent artistic, painting and texture skills within Photoshop and other similar programs
- Ability to create high quality texture maps with the understanding of all supporting maps (bump, specular, normal, and transparency, etc.)
- Ability to generate or match the existing realistic art style of the project
- Strong understanding of UV layout and principles
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 and physically based shading
- Understanding of baking textures and processing maps
- Familiar with procedural texture packages like Substance Designer and Mari
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!
- 熟悉过程式纹理绘制软件，如Substance Designer及Mar