Online Platform - SDET (Contract)
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is searching for a contract Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). The person in this role will advocate for quality and efficiency in all of our testing practices. If you are passionate about improving test coverage and want to assist in raising Epic's Technical QA bar, then we’d like to talk with you!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Translating API documentation into test plans
- Reading, writing and debugging automated functionality tests with JUnit and Java
- Using traffic capture software to reproduce and document product defects
- Filing clear, repeatable tickets for product defects, and validating fixed tickets
- Working independently with guidance from the product team
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Experience with REST API testing experience
- Experienced in creating and executing test plans
- Experience with and understanding of how to create and use mocks
- Professional experience working with Java or other object-oriented language
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol
- Strong understanding of design patterns: such as factory, dependency injection
If you have a track record of adding value to a company’s overall API service test coverage, then we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!