For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic is looking for a Perforce Administrator to operationally own and support its implementation of Perforce. As a key operational stakeholder, the Perforce Administrator/System Administrator/Linux Administrator will partner with the Solutions Development team to build and execute the vision and strategy for the internal environment, including implementation of new technical solutions, and developing system road-maps.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
Administering Perforce environments including configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting, and resolving issues.
Implementing and maintaining automation tools, and workflows to assist with system management.
Managing and supporting permissions and Active Directory integrations
Designing, creating, and maintaining a stable, scalable, and globally accessible deployment of commit servers, proxies, edge servers, and read only replicas
Assisting in DR/BCP initiatives to ensure a protected and highly available implementation
Devising, testing, and deploying integrations between Perforce products and other internal systems
Promoting adoption and best practices among the system user community and conducting user-training and help-sessions for new features or implementations
- Experience with Web–based technologies, including reverse proxy servers, SSL certificate configuration, three–tier architecture, and service–oriented architecture
- Understanding of Linux patching and patch management best practices
- Experience with OS performance tuning, troubleshooting, and analyzing log files within a linux based environment
- Ability to administer Linux / UNIX systems; specifically Debian, Ubuntu, and/or Mac
- Knowledge of Perforce maintenance tasks (checkpoints, journal rotations) and experience managing upgrade tasks
- Ability to troubleshoot user facing Perforce issues around authentication, performance, and permissions
- Understanding of how to administrate Perforce users, workspaces, permissions, triggers, typemaps, etc.
- Understanding of Perforce version control workflows (Depots, Streams)
- Experience supporting large, diverse Perforce installations (P4D, Proxy, Broker, Swarm, P4V)
Please submit your resume and we'll be in touch shortly.
This is going to be Epic!